The Department of Computer Science and Applications came into existence in the year 1991.
With the advent of the computer wave, the department currently caters to the computing needs of nearly 500+ students of the College.
The main objectives of the department are :-
- To impart quality education. To develop communication skills and creativity.
- To strive for the development of personality of the students.
- To inculcate value based morals.
- To keep students updated about the developments in the field of computers.
- To help students develop a professional outlook towards all aspects of life.
- To instill a feeling of confidence and positive attitude in our students.
At present, the department offers the following courses :-
- M Sc. (Computer Science)
- B Sc. (with Computer Science)
- B Com ( with Computer Application)
- B C A
As regards the hardware facilities, the department currently has the followign infrastructure for use by the students:
* UG lab: 54 computers with internet and printing/scanning facility
* PG lab : 10 computers . Lab is equipped with ICT facility, scanning & printing facility, Internet facility
* Computer Literacy lab: 75 computers . Lab is equipped with ICT facility
. Students are given sufficient time to work on the computer on all working days. The department is open from 8 am to 5 pm.
Special Features :-
- The department offers computer related facilities to the staff and students in the form of a Computer Facility Center managed and run by the department staff. The Facility center provides for the following facilities :
- DTP job workB/w - color - laser printout
- Photograph printing
- Cd for sale
- Designing brochures
- The department also manages a on-line help center kiosk whereby any college student can avail ICT support for filling up of online forms for scholarship, antiragging, exam/ enrollment forms of the university etc. with subsidised charges.
- Besides classroom teaching, demonstrations are given for the practical subjects.
- Regular class tests are taken and assignments are given.
- Lectures/presentations are delivered by the students.
- The department holds a Computer Awareness Training workshop for non-computer students every year.
- Several interactive sessions are organized to make students aware of the career prospects. Training sessions in development of Communication Skills are held in the department.
- The department has setup an Internet Lab , to provide Internet facility to students and staff at nominal charges.
- The department organizes industrial visits, to make students get a feel of the work environment and to increase their awareness.
- Apart from the well equipped library of the college, the department has inbuilt library of more than 500 books to motivate the students for self learning and referencing books for topics plus a department library with latest editions for easy reference.
- The department can boast of excellence based on the results obtained for our past out batches of BCA and all other courses .
||HoD (Asst. Prof.)
|| M. Tech. (CSE)
B. E. (Comp. Tech.)
|Smt. Vaishali Kadwe
| Smt. Chhaya Makhijani
||M Sc. (Comp.Sc.)
| Smt. Babita Sakalle
|| Asst. Prof.
|| M Sc. (Comp. Sc.)
| Smt. Arpana Sinhal
|| Asst. Prof.
|| M Sc. (Comp. Sc.), MCA
| Ms. Girjesh Chouhan
|| Asst. Prof.
|| M Sc. ( Comp. Sc.)
| Dr. Romsha Sharma
|| Asst. Prof.
|| M Sc. (Comp. Sc.), Ph.D
| Smt. Aruna Sengar
|| Asst. Prof.(Adhoc)
|| M Sc. (Comp. Sc.)
|Three Lab Technicians
Departmental Activities: 2017-18
- Ms. Girjesh Chouhan has submitted her Minor Research Project on 21st March 2017 on “Analysis of ext3, ext4 and XFS over networks in RAID environment using LINUX operating system”.
- Asha Gaekwad, Lab. Tech., participated in M.P. State Powerlifting(equipped category) on 7-9th July 2017 and won Silver Medal .She acted as Referee for the competition and was honored for the same .
- Workshop on “ Resume Writing ” was held on 28th August 2017, in coordination with expert from Appin Technologies, Bhopal , for the final year students.
- A 2- hour seminar and presentation session was organized for the students of Bio Science stream in coordination with ITSC Startup School, Bhopal on the topic “ Role of IT in Health Services and Hospital Management” as Career Guidance activity on 4th September 2017.Speakers for the seminar were Mr. Sanjeev Kumar and Ms Neha.
- UGC sponsored 2- day (8 / 11 Sept.) training workshop was organized for Final year students on “ Resume Writing and Interview Preparation ”, under the career guidance scheme, with expert from the industry, Mrs. Manisha Anand.
- A 6-day UGC sponsored workshop on “ PHP & MySQL” under the career guidance scheme was held in the college for commerce students from 18th – 23rd September 2017.
- Campus placement drive was held by CapGemini at LNCT on 14th Sept 2017 for the students of science and computer streams. Two students were selected -
Sakshi Mishra B.Sc. V Sem (CS) and Pragati Tiwari BCA V Sem.
- A 6-day UGC sponsored workshop on “Financial Accounting & Tax Analysis” under the career guidance scheme was held in the college for BCA and M.Sc. CS students 18th – 23rd September 2017.
- A lecture was organized on 22nd September 2017 ,in coordination with Pune Institute of Business Management, on “Goal Setting and Employability Skills”. Expert speaker was Mr. Shashwat Sidhhant, passout of IIM , Ahemdabad.
- Seminar on “ Job opportunity in Airlines Industry” was held for the students of science, and commerce and computer appl. students in coordination with “Fledge Institute of Aviation and Hospitality, Bhopal. Speaker was Mrs. Barnali Singh, Center Head .
- Workshops were organised under the e-shakti abhiyan , to educate students and staff about digital payment procedures and cashless transactions on 18th and 19th September 2017.
- Asha Gaikwad, Lab. Tech., participated in Senior Woman Division Power Lifting Championship held at Nasrullaganj on 7-8th October 2017 and bagged three prizes. I place in “Bhopal-Narmadapuram Division Powerlifting Championship” in 72Kg weight category, “Strongest Woman” and “Best Lifter Woman”.
- Workshop on “ Advanced features of MS-Excel” was organized in the department for students of computer faculty in coordination with experts from ITDP ,Bhopal on 10th Oct.2017
- Students of final year attended open campus drive at Career College on 3rd November 2017, held for placement in Research Panel and Investment Advisors, Indore. Five students of BCA faculty were selected :
- Priyanka Singh
- Manisha Vishwakarma
- Chanchal Sawale
- Manjeeta Singh
- Disksha Chhapre